Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Grilled Prawns With Lime and cilantro


Cooking is fun, when you don't think about anything much. 

I grown up in Chinese family so for me cooking is the mixture of different culture and taste, plus I'm not good at eating chilis, I love food that has mild taste than extra spicy one but I can stand any kind of herbs and spices. Mixing all the things that I like into one dish is what I love to do. As for this dish, it comes with a lot of tangy taste and aromatic herb: Pakchee (coriander leaves or Cilantro), that you can love or hate it, well for me I love it.  For flavorful prawns, don't overcook it as the flesh of it will firm up when sitting in the dressing before serving. 
You can add more chilis if you want, but for me this amount is enough. Let the prawns sit in the dressing will make it more delicious.



Grilled Prawns with Lime and cilantro
Serve 2-3 


1tbsp ................ Oil
450g  ................ Prawns
40g ................... Cilantro
3-4 .................... Thai Chilis, chopped

Dressing
4tbsp ................. Lime juice
2tbsp ................. Fish sauce
1tbsp ................. Granulated sugar
........................... Salt and pepper, to taste



 Cut through the backs of the prawn shell and devein them.

 Mix together lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.

 Roughly chop the cilantro and put in a bowl with cilantro.

 Mix with the dressing, season with salt and pepper (to your taste) and set aside.

 Place a pan over medium high heat, pour the oil into the pan.
When the pan becomes hot, pour the prawns into the pan.

 Cook about 2 minutes on both side.

Remove from the heat and pour the dressing over the pan, mix lightly.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.


Grilled Prawns With Lime and cilantro

1 comment:

  1. Just reading through your recipe made my mouth watered. Love the beautiful dressing.. Yum! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...