Saturday, February 8, 2014

Patterned Shortbread made with my beautiful shortbread pan

 I love to collect baking equipments, it's purely pleasure, no reason ^^ and I know that if you love to bake you will be the same as me.

 I think it's not right or wrong, we can have a simple happiness when using them, baking with them or just looking at them , haha. I still have a lot of equipment that I didn't have a chance to use it, well better to have it while I can ^^.
This time is a beautiful shortbread pan, when making shortbread with it, you will get beautiful pattern. Actually I think that my first time using this pan is not that beautiful as I wanted. Because I brushed too much butter, some parts of the pattern is not sharp, anyway it's not bad (haha, I'm optimistic). My niece can assure it by eating 3 pieces of them, hehe. 
If you have the same pan as me, this may be the right time to try it ^_- but if you don't have it you can use 23x23cm pan instead.
  

Shortbread 
Makes 9


170g ....................... Unsalted butter

60g ......................... Icing sugar
1/2tsp .................... Vanilla bean paste
200g ....................... All purpose flour
1/4tsp ..................... Salt


Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Brush the shortbread pan with butter (or 23x23cm pan).


 Beat the butter with vanilla bean paste and salt until soft, add the icing sugar then beat until lighten in color.
Add the flour in 2-3 addition, knead (you can knead it in the bowl or on the table) until fully combine.
Spread the shortbread dough into the pan, press firmly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan (use thin blade knife to help removing the cookie).
Cut while still warm.


Patterned Shortbread made with my beautiful shortbread pan 

6 comments:

  1. Where can I get this pan Pook? A normal just don't have the same uniqueness as the one that you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ils sont absolument superbes. Dorés à souhait, ils nous rappellent le soleil qui nous manque beaucoup en cette saison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Oetker Gold extra Gelatine Sheets - 10 g

    Packet of 6 sheets, totalling 10 grams

    6 sheet of gelatine totalling 10 grams how much grams is one sheets of gelatin?

    thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Oetker Gold extra Gelatine Sheets = 1.67g/Sheet

    I bought this from online shop in Thailand, but I think you can find it from many shop the brand is Nordic ware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, where do u get all the bow, plate to decorate your food. I really love your work. You made my day everyday. I like the Japanese cook book that you share on your post, but too bad that I cant read Japanese. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I bough them in Thailand, well from may shops too, haha. Well, thank you for loving my work, glad that I can make someone happy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...