Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yogurt cheesecake: Less fat, and still delicious!

Ok, I love cheesecake. But it will be a sin for me to eat a lot of it, haha. So I try to find some recipe that makes me feel better while eating.

This time the cheese had been cut down, by using the yogurt cheese (the name yogurt cheese is confusing, but the fact is we just remove the water from the yogurt, that's all). You still get the texture that's close to cream cheese but the cake will be less rich. I suggest to eat this cake with berry sauce as the cake itself is not sweet, so the taste will be balance.
I think this recipe will be suitable for anyone who want to eat cheesecake but afraid of the fat, hehe, so this is a choice.
Eating less fat from time to time is good even I always love everything full fat I still need to cut it down ^^. Hope you enjoy it, because this time less fat doesn't mean less delicious. 

Yogurt cheesecake
Make 15 cm cake 

500g .............................. Plain yogurt
100g .............................. Cream cheese, soft
2 ..................................... Eggs
3tbsp ............................. Cake flour
80g ................................ Granulated sugar
1/2tsp ........................... Vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
....................................... Easy strawberry sauce, for serving 


Fit a sieve over a bowl and line it with two layers of cheesecloth (I use 1 layer of clean kitchen towel). Pour the yogurt into the lined sieve, cover with plastic warp, and refrigerate for 6-8 hours to drain. Discard the liquid and measure about 200g of strained yogurt.
Preheat the oven to 170°C. 
Line 15cm cake pan with baking paper.
Beat the yogurt, sugar and cream cheese together until fully combine, add the vanilla bean paste and beat to combine. Add the egg and beat until combine. 
Stir in the flour.
Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Let the cake cool completely, then refrigerate for 4 hours (or until firm and cool) before serving with  Easy strawberry sauce.


Yogurt cheesecake: Less fat, and still delicious!

9 comments:

  1. Guilty free and delicious! I would love to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. healthy cheesecake..looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! there is such thing as a healthy cheesecake! awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheesecake and this is perfect because I hate fat!!!!
    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks delicious and healthy! i must give it a try!

    cookiebakingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, if I want to make it chocolate flavor what will be the recipe? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't use water bath for this recipe.
    and if you want to make chocolate flavour, you can add melt chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I would like to ask whether I can use the Greek yoghurt instead of the plain one here? Because I heard that Greek yoghurt is more of thicken, less liquidy yoghurt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes you can use 200g of Greek yoghurt instead of strained yogurt.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...