Saturday, May 4, 2013

Quick Fix Desserts: Easy Chocolate Truffles

 I know you love them too, something easy and delicious, I always fall for these kinds of recipe, hehe.

 Because, there's a time that we just want to eat something sweet but don't want to move, haha. For me, I love to eat a digestive biscuit, so thinking about turning it into any kinds of dessert is a good idea. 
This truffle is very, very easy, the base of the truffle is the delicious digestive biscuit, ^^, just crushed them and mix with other ingredients, that's all!!!! But don't underestimate it, the truffle is delicious with a bit of crunchy texture and sweet aroma from any kind of liqueur that you use. You can use different liqueur for different taste, for example, you want mocha truffle, use Kahlúa, or use some fruit extract if you don't want to put alcohol into the truffles. 
For the percentage of the chocolate, if you use 70% the truffles will be firmer and dryer (you may need to reduce the biscuits to 60-65g) but more intense, so everything is up to YOU ^^.



Easy Chocolate Truffles 
Makes 9


70g ..................................... Digestive biscuits, crushed
40g ...................................... Dark chocolate (64%)
1/2tbsp ............................... Honey
1/2tbsp ............................... Cocoa powder
25g ....................................... Butter
1tbsp .................................... Liqueur of your choice (I use Cointreau


 "Key ingredient ^^"

 Put dark chocolate, butter, honey and cocoa powder into a microwavable bowl.
Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then remove from the microwave and stir until chocolate melt and the mixture smooth.
Pour the crushed digestive biscuits into the bowl with the liqueur of your choice , stir to mix.
Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Divide into 9 pieces, and roll into a ball. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then roll in cocoa powder and refrigerate until set



Quick Fix Desserts: Easy Chocolate Truffles 

8 comments:

  1. yum yum yum! I love a quick dessert fix! especially if I am too lazy to bake =p so this sounds delicious!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. these truffles look really good, now I am craving for some lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These truffles look so delectable with the chic touch! Definitely looks easy - great win-win situation for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i leave out the liqueur?
    something non-alcoholic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you can leave out the liqueur, ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great and easy. can you swap the 1/2 tablespoon of honey for caramel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the recipe! I made this for valentine's day for my friends and family, I omit the liqueur and still so good! I'm you big fan!
    I posted the pictures of the truffles that I made on my blog using this recipe, I'd be glad if you can visit.. :D
    http://raf-selinda.blogspot.com/2014/02/easy-chocolate-truffles.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...