Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy daily bake: Macadamia Crumbles

 Baking, or cooking, I don't know why I can't stop them for even 1 day, haha.

 May be I have too much energy, ^^, but at the end of the day I always said "I'm tried", my brother told me that I should stop and take a rest, oh it's hard for me.
Baking or cooking make me feel happy, like I'm the magician, hehe, use my whisk as a magic wand to turn the simple ingredients into something delicious (ok, sometimes they didn't turn out good, haha, so I have to practice my magic more,^^). Each day, I look at the cookbooks, imagine, think about what I want to make, the taste that I want and the happy moment when I can finally eat it. 
This time I adapted the recipe from the walnut crumbles, instead of using walnut, I use macadamia nut. I always love the taste of macadamia, it's light but unique, with rich flavor. You can use other kinds of nut for this recipe too, choose the one that you like and enjoy your own lovely cookies.
Serve this cookie with a cup of tea, the buttery taste of the cookie goes well with hot tea. 



 Macadamia Crumbles
Makes 24

100g ................................ Unsalted butter
100g ................................ Granulated sugar
40g ................................... Light brown sugar
1/4tsp .............................. Salt
1 ........................................ Egg
1/2tsp .............................. Vanilla extract
250g ................................. Cake flour
1tsp ................................... Baking powder
90g .................................... Macadamia nuts, lightly toasted, chopped  

Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
Sift the flour together with the baking powder, set aside.
 Cream the butter with 2 kinds of sugar and salt until light in color, add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
Pour the flour and macadamia nuts into the bowl, mix until combine.
Divide into 24 pieces and roll into a ball, place on the prepared baking sheets.
Flatten with fork to make a pattern.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookie firm to touch, the color will be light.


Happy daily bake: Macadamia Crumbles

3 comments:

  1. wow! my eyes are melting just by looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm .. macadamia cookies!! I'm going to bake these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve baked them two times already, and they are very delicious, especially with some tea ;-)
    Thank you for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...