Thursday, June 23, 2011

YEAST-RAISED WAFFLES: Your lovely, easy and delicious breakfast!

My friends always make fun of me when they read my blog, they say that the words that they have to read time and time again are "I got new books", and it's one of the best reason for me to make any kinds of sweet each time that I post something -*-.

I know that they are right, haha, because even I try to tell myself that I have many many reasons to make the cakes, cookies or etc., I can't deny that I always want to try new recipe from my "new books".
And this time, the reason is ............ . This small and thin book packed with a lot of interesting recipes for me, haha. I read one book on food writing and it said that if you want to review the book you should try about 3 recipes before suggesting it for other people, but I can't, there are too many recipes for me to try from many books too ^^. 
Anyway, from this book, I choose to try the yeast-raised waffles and the result is good. The lightly sweet waffle is great with whipped cream, fresh fruit and a lot of maple syrup, but the only problem is it will be dry if you can't finish it on the day that you make it (even the book give the instruction for keeping it in the freezer, I still love to serve it freshly made).
It's not hard to put all the ingredients together so I think it's better to prepared the base (wet and dry) overnight (keep the wet on in the fridge after mixing it) and mix them in the morning so you will be able to enjoy delicious waffle while smell the intoxicated fragrance when you cook it.





 YEAST-RAISED WAFFLES
Serves 8


3 ..................................... large eggs, separated 
500 grams ..................... All-purpose flour 
100 grams ..................... sugar 
1½ teaspoon ................. fine sea salt or kosher salt 
3 cups ............................. room temperature whole milk (70°F to 78°F) 

170 grams ...................... unsalted butter, melted and cooled 
2 teaspoons .................... pure vanilla extract 
2¼ teaspoons................. instant yeast

 Whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the milk, egg yolks, melted butter, vanilla, and yeast in a medium bowl. 


Combine half of the dry ingredients with half of the wet ingredients in another large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the remaining dry and wet ingredients to the bowl and mix again until well-combined. 
 Whip the egg whites together in the bowl of a standing mixer until soft peaks form.  
 Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, taking care not to deflate them. 
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand until the batter has doubled in volume and become bubbly, about 1 hour. Stir with a rubber spatula to deflate. 
 Preheat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. 
Pour some batter (how much depends on the size of your waffle iron) onto the grids and spread it to the edges with a spatula. Cook the waffles until they are golden brown, 4 to 7 minutes depending on your machine. 
Serve warm with whipped cream and a lot of syrup or honey, great to enjoy it as soon as possible ^^.
Note: you can keep the waffle warm when you cook them by putting them in  200°F oven (loosely covered with aluminum' until you use all the batter).

YEAST-RAISED WAFFLES: 
Your lovely, easy and delicious breakfast!

5 comments:

  1. Those waffles looks absolutely irresistible and fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am ready to have it for my breakfast now..very tempting..:P
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple... but perfect for a great breakfast!! And your presentation is precious. I wish i had a wafle machine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try these. My husband is always accusing me of using every pot in the kitchen when I make something and this gives me an excellent reason to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog, and I'm in heaven! I love yeast waffles, and if you'd like a twist, pop a couple slices (rashers) of cooked and well drained bacon on it before you close the lid to the waffle iron. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...