Monday, June 20, 2011

Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 35: Sweet Enhancer! Rum and coffee mini Bundt with chocolate sauce

 Oh! I know that there are so many things in life that I want to do and I almost forgot about the Chicken Farm Baker's Project of this month, ^^". Lucky for me that, my friends always remind me about it and when I come home, I know that I have to do it.


The Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 35: Sweet Enhancer! is about the cake and sauce, Gift (the host of this month) wanted all of us to bake a cake (that contains fruit) and serve it with some sauce that will make the cake more delicious. the problem is I came home without preparing and I didn't have any fresh fruit at home ^^".
So I had to think about anything that I could make (after searching both my fridge and my cupboard, haha), and I finally I saw the raisin, well, it's a kind of fruit too, hehe.
I adapted the recipe from ................. and added the chocolate coffee sauce to make the recipe appropriate for this month project :)
The cake is rich with rum (both from the rum soaked raisin and the additional rum that had been mix into the batter), but the flavor is more complex with the bitterness and fragrance from the coffee and when serve it with chocolate coffee sauce, it's more delicious.
I serve mime with cream cheese ice cream and grill candied orange ^^, they go very together, I think they give me a tropical feeling ^^.
 I really enjoy it, and hope you will love it too.



Rum and coffee mini Bundt with chocolate sauce
Makes 5 


Rum and coffee mini Bundt 
50g ................................. Butter
50g ................................. Sugar
......................................... A pinch of salt
50g ................................. Cake flour
1 ...................................... Egg
¼ tsp ............................. Baking powder
1tbsp .............................. Dark rum
½ tsp ............................. Instant coffee granules
½ tsp ............................. Hot water
50g ................................. Crème Fraîche 
50g ................................. Raisins
20ml ............................... Dark rum



Chocolate and coffee sauce
50g ................................. Dark chocolate
60g ................................. Whipping cream
1tbsp .............................. Coffee liquor (Kahlúa)


 Soak the raisins in 20ml of dark rum overnight, when ready to bake strain the raisins and discard the rum.
Preheat the oven to 190°C. 
If using silicone mold, just place in on the baking sheet.
Sift the flour with baking powder, set aside.
Mix the instant coffee granules with hot water and dark rum, set aside.


 Beat the butter and salt until soft, add the sugar and beat until light and puffy.
Pour the coffee and rum mixture into the bowl and beat to combine.
Add the egg and beat to combine, pour half of the flour mixture into the bowl, fold to combine, then add the Crème Fraîche  and fold to combine.
Add the rest of the flour with the raisins, fold to combine.
 Silicone mold

 Put the batter into the molds.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cake spring back when press lightly.
Take the cakes out of the molds and let cool on the wire rack.


Boil the whipping cream and pour the hot cream over the chocolate, let stand for 2 minutes, then stir until the chocolate melt.
When chocolate melt completely, add the Coffee liquor, and stir to combine.


Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 35: Sweet Enhancer! 
Rum and coffee mini Bundt with chocolate sauce

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful bundt cake..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi pook,
    i made this today, but my bundt only brown on the top, the bottom never turn to brown color, if bake it longer the top will burn.
    After i took out from silicone mold, and flip it over, the top got very light and the color is not even and very ugly for presentation.
    Could you tell me whats wrong?
    I use silicone mold too , i got them from ebay.
    Thanks Pook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many brands of silicone molds, some of them don't give good brown. ^^"
    You can try placing the silicone mold on metal sheet pan (to add more heat). If you can I suggest Silikomart brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your silikomart brand? Did you buy in Thailand or you bought them online?
    So sad i bought many many shape of silicone molds from ebay before i knew they dont give good brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought some of them in Thailand and some of them from Italy ^^.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...