Monday, April 25, 2011

Guimauve à Matcha or Green tea marshmallow: Bitter taste that you will enjoy.

I love to play with Marshmallow ^^, as I told you before I always have a lot of egg white (due to the fact that my family love to eat ice cream), and finding the recipe to use it is one of my work too.



 But I don’t want to make the same flavor all the time so I try to make the new flavor each time that I make it.
This time I try to make Matcha marshmallow, as it’s one of my sister’s favorite, and she told me many times that she want to eat the home made one.
The first time I used too much of green tea powder, as I wanted my marshmallow to have a real green tea taste, but the result is not as I expected. Too much of it, makes the marshmallow too bitter to enjoy -*-.
 The second time I have to reduce the matcha amount, I love the taste but some people still say that it’s too bitter, so think about my recipe as a guide, you can use less or more of the Matcha, it depend on your taste and your Matcha too. But for me a bit of bitter taste is good because the sweetness from the marshmallow will be cut down and I can enjoy it more ^^.  
Well, I hope that you will fall in love with making Marshmallow too, because I think that I will have a lot of marshmallow recipes to share, haha.



Guimauve à la Matcha (抹茶 のギモーヴ)
(Green tea marshmallow)
Make 1 22x14cm pieces




- Gelatin mixture -
15g .................................. Gelatin powder
30ml ............................... Water


- Syrup -
15g ................................. Glucose syrup
150g ............................... Granulated sugar
50ml ............................... Water  


60g ................................. Egg whites


10g.................................. Matcha (Japanese Green Tea Powder)


- Dusting mixture -
30g ................................. Corn flour
30g ................................. Icing sugar


1. Line the base of 22x14cm pan with baking paper.
Sift corn flour and icing sugar together, then sprinkle over the baking paper.


2.Put the gelatin powder and water in a heat-proved bowl and stir until the gelatin become moist.
Boil a water in a small sauce pan (measure that the water is not higher than the gelatin bowl).
When the water boil take the sauce out of  the heat and place the gelatin bowl inside, stir until melt completely (when it melted you can let it sit in the pan and process the next  step).



3.In a sauce pan, put the sugar, glucose syrup and water and bring to boil over medium low heat.




4.When the syrup reaches 100°C, start whisking the egg whites.
The syrup is ready when it reaches 117°C; pour it over the egg whites and continue whisking until the meringue is warm to touch pour the gelatin mixture into the meringue, and continue whisking it.
5.Whisk in the Matcha, then pour into the prepared pan, smooth the top.


6.Let it sit for 12 hours.
Sprinkle the dusting mixture over the work surface.
Taking the marshmallow out of the pan, cut into desire pieces, using the dusting mixture to prevent sticking.

Guimauve à Matcha or Green tea marshmallow: 
Bitter taste that you will enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. How did u manage to cut it so nicely? Mine always get stuck on the knife

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that marshmallow looks adorable. thanks for this im not gonna be trowing the egg white when i cook pancake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. deeply in love with green teaaa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never thought of making marshmallows at home,they looks addictive and fabulous..

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...