Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lemon Curd Mascarpone Cupcakes: Because something good will be great when sharing!

So, I got a lot of cookbooks again, haha, for this month, I got about 15 more cookbooks (I count only the one that already arrived but more are on their way). I really think that I should stop buying, but there are something in life that you can't resist it, ^^". 


But I try to think that I will use them, for ideas for recipes or even for sleeping on, haha, and this time I use the idea and recipe from this book:........................
There are many books from famous bakeries some are good some are bad and some are so-so. But if you ask me about this one I think it's cute ^^, even the recipe is not new, the combination for flavor and the decoration ideas are great.


Actually the base recipe for cupcake is just a pound cake with a bit of liquid, the book suggest skimmed-milk, well, it's hard to find in my home, haha, I don't like any fat reduced product so I use Crème Fraîche instead, and like many times, it's a magic ingredient, the cupcakes came out soft, beautiful and very delicious. I suggest you use it too, but if you don't want to follow me, milk, cream, or yogurt are fine for this recipe. 
I prepared the Lemon Curd for this recipe by myself using   Simple Lemon curd recipe, but you can buy it in a jar if you want. For this cupcake I think the combination of the flavor is very good, the cake is soft and fragrance, the curd is tangy, and the final touch the mascarpone frosting, keep all flavor in balance and delicious.
I know that I made a lot of adaptation in this recipe, but I still get very delicious cupcakes, so it's time for me to give it to you ^^. Like I love to say, something good is better when sharing I know that you will find someone to share these cupcakes with, and have a great time too.






Lemon Mascarpone Cupcakes
Makes 12 (Standard muffin tins)
-Cupcakes-
125g ................................ Unsalted butter
125g ................................ Granulated sugar
1tbsp ............................... Grated lemon zest
.......................................... A pinch of salt
2 ....................................... Egg
125g ................................. Self-raising flour*
½tsp ................................ Baking powder
3tbsp ................................ Crème Fraîche
*if using cake flour use 2tsp of baking powder instead of ½tsp
-Filling-
........................................... Half recipe of Simple Lemon curd
-Frosting-
250g ................................. Mascarpone cheese
100g ................................. Icing sugar
150ml ............................... Whipping cream


Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 12 standard muffin tins with muffin case.
Sift the flour and baking powder together, set aside.
 Beat butter, salt, lemon zest and sugar together for 5-7 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one by one, and mix for 2 minutes.
Add the flour to the batter and mix until incorporated. Add the Crème Fraîche and mix for a further minutes.
 Use the ice cream scoop to divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases. Bake for 22-25 minutes.
Remove the baked cupcakes from the oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack. Leave to cool.
 Make the frosting:
Cream the mascarpone and icing sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Beat the cream until thick in a bowl, then add to the mascarpone mixture and mix for a further 2 minutes until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Use the apple corer or small cookie cutter, to remove the center of each cupcakes. Fill with lemon curd (I put the curd in a piping bag, it's easier). 
Top the cupcakes with the frosting and decorate as you wish.
Lemon Curd Mascarpone Cupcakes:
 Because something good will be great when sharing!

9 comments:

  1. pook this is insanely divine! how i wish i am living near you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds sooo good! I must bookmark this delicious cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Pook!! you're definitely THE guru!!! i'm drooling over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jess
    I wish you are here too, so I can have some of your cookies too.
    Hi, Anncoo
    You should try this recipe, it's very good.
    Hi, dottology
    Haha, I'm not the guru, I'm just a cookbook crazy girl ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cupcakes looks absolutely divine, damn tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hy Pook,
    First time here...fascinating space you have...happy to follow u..
    do stop by mine sometime...
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cupcakes very much. So, I always try to find new recipes to diversify the tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. drooling +++++,u are so talented.looks yummy and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...