Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Petits Sorbets aux Fraises: Petite Strawberry Sherbet

I don’t want to use this word “Easy”, but I still can’t find the right word for this recipe. I don’t like to make something hard, too. I got this recipe from this French recipe site, (I like to try different thing, so this is the reason for having too many cookbooks). Strawberry is not my favorite fruit but when it turns to ice cream, it’s different, and it takes little time to make. I use frozen strawberry, so the taste of the strawberry is quite tangy, that mean a lot of sugar to balance the taste too. By the way if your strawberry is sweeter you can use less sugar.


Petits Sorbets aux Fraises: Petite Strawberry Sherbet



250 g

Strawberry (trim before weight)

100 ml

Whipping Cream

100 g

Sugar

1 tbsp

Lemon juice

A dash of salt



Put the strawberry in a blender or food processor; process until fine.


Mix together the whipping cream, sugar, salt and lemon juice, whisk to combine.

Pour the cream mixture into strawberry puree and whisk to combine.


Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds yummy! I love the picture!
    You've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It not only looks yummy but those are gorgeous pix too!

    Sri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great - I'm going to give it a try.

    :)
    ButterYum

    PS - lovely photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...