Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mini Apple and Rum Raisin Cake

Last week, I need some inspiration, not a recipe (I have too much of it, you know that), I want to try something I never make before and suddenly I remembered, I never make an apple cake before. I really love eating any bake good that has a fruit in and why I never bake it myself. So, when I saw this recipe Cake à la pomme et aux raisins, I really want to make it. But I don’t need a recipe, I told you, so I made a lot of change. This is not a simple apple cake, this is a cake with a lot of things to chew, apple (I don’t grated it, but cut into a small pieces), nut and rum raisin. I turn the big recipe into a small one (only 6 muffin size cake), due to the fact that I just received this little paper cup from my friend Koy (Bake-Aholic), who love to bake as much (or more) as me (and this paper cup make my cake look so lovely, Thank you Koy). This cake turns out to be great, especially for anyone who loves fruit and nut and it tastes so healthy.

Note: I use only 60 g of sugar because I use a sweet apple, so if you use a tart apple, you can use up to 85 g of sugar.

Mini Apple and Rum Raisin Cake

Makes 6 muffin size cake




1

Medium size apple (peeled and cut into small dice)

15 g

Raisins soaked in dark rum *

60 g

Nut (any of your choice, I use macadamia), lightly toasted and chopped

60 g

Unsalted butter

60 g

Sugar

1

Egg

1

Egg yolk

90 g

Cake flour

tsp

Salt

¼ tsp

Baking powder

¼ tsp

Grounded cinnamon




Preheat the oven to 180°C

Place the paper cup into the muffin pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder, grounded cinnamon and salt.



In a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk and beat well after addition.


Put half of the flour mixture into the egg and butter mixture mix until blended. Then add the raisins, apple, nut and the rest of the flour mixture, mix just until combined.


Spoon the batter into the cups about three-quarters full. Bake until the tops spring back when lightly touched, about 20-25 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool on a rack.


* I make by using 100 g of raisins and 50 g of dark rum, let soak until plump.

The raisins can be keep in the refrigerator and use in any recipe that call for raisins.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those apple and rum raisin cupcakes look absolutely scrumptious!! You really take beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...